DRAFT MINUTES

DRAFT Minutes of the Meeting held on 21st April 2022 at 7.15pm

Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown (Clerk)

Also present: Mrs Christine Morton and Mr Dick Murden.

OPEN MEETING
Cllr Hemmins was congratulated and thanked for his long tenure as a parish councillor as this was his last meeting in office before stepping down.

Mr Murden asked when the Annual Parish Meeting would be held and it was confirmed as taking place next month, followed immediately by the May Parish Council Meeting.

Mr Murden also brought forward work that he and Mr Michael Murden had done at the Pound; this includes scything to the hedge base at regular intervals. They have also repaired a broken section of the fence. Appreciation from LPC was expressed and both were thanked for undertaking this work.
117 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Tumi Hawkins and Mrs Bobbie Coe.
118 TO SIGN AND APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The Minutes of 17th March were agreed and signed.
119 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Cllr Tumi Hawkins: an overview was given of the report just received from Cllr Hawkins.

As there is currently no PCSO to the area it was agreed that this report should be deleted until an appointment is made.
120 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (FOR INFORMATION ONLY) – COUNCIL TO REPORT THE FOLLOWING
a) Neighbourhood Planning: The analysis of the Village Open Meeting 25/26th March is going ahead. The turnout on 26th was considered disappointing, therefore visits will be made to residents in order to obtain further views. The Steering Group has also agreed to contact Bourn Parish Council with a view to liaison on issues including Fox Road and a connecting cycleway. Cllr Cooper was able to attend Bourn Parish Council yesterday and received a positive response for liaison on common issues.
b) Defibrillator: There is positive news from the SCDC Grants Committee in that it has just decided to once again support applications to fund defibrillators. The previous grant application will thus be considered at the next SCDC Grants Meeting, once both our District and County Councillors have given their support.
c) Gullies through the village: Cllr Hemmins believes that a further section of pipe must be broken by St. John’s House, as the road flooding problem has not been completely resolved by the previous repair. The Clerk to contact CCC Highways.
The state of all gullies through the village has now been checked by Cllr White. The Clerk to make a request to CCC Highways for a regular programme of cleaning out the most urgent.
d) Verge problems between Longstowe Hall and Wayside: Great concern was expressed by those present at the meeting that another accident had occurred at this point on the A1198 / Old North Road. The Clerk to write to both Cllr Howell, CCC and the Local Highways Officer to ask if road planings could now be used to reinforce the verge edge.
e) Speed measures on the Old North Road through Longstowe: There was continuing discussion on the concerns and possible solutions to speeding problems on the A1198 through the village. It was considered that the police should be asked to carry out speed checks, during rush hours and weekends, when there are particular problems. A specific invitation, for the next Parish Council meeting, will be sent to Cllrs Hawkins and Howell, for discussion on this point.
f) Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations: The event is to be publicised locally beyond the village. Posters will be put up. A variety of events, refreshments and an evening ceilidh will take place from 1.30 pm. It will be possible to register attendance on Eventbrite, to help with catering. The PCC will also host a display of village memorabilia and flowers at the church.

121 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST for items on the agenda
None.
122 FINANCE
a) Victoire Press printing of March Skylark £96.00. Agreed.
b) Opus Energy: DD – 2021-22 – April £42.86, May £41.79, June £38.05, July £38.86, Aug £39.06, Sept £13.15, Oct £14.13, Nov £14.35, Dec £15.27, Jan £15.14 Feb £13.39. Noted.
c) Donation for Skylark printing in colour, B. Heaton-Smith £50.00. Noted.
d) RFO Pay and Expenses: £526.01 and HMRC £128.40. Agreed.
e) Village Hall – LPC rental 2021-22 £40.00. Agreed.
f) Eyelid Productions – annual invoice – website support, hosting, domain name £170.00. Agreed.
g) Transfer of S106 funds to Village Hall Committee in respect of renovation and disabled toilet facility £2615.90. Agreed.

Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) 2021/22 and other Financial statements:
a) AGAR Section 1 – Annual Governance Statement 2021/22.
b) AGAR Section 2 – Accounting Statements 2021/22.
c) Certificate of Exemption, if agreed by Internal Audit.
d) Analysis of variances.
e) Bank Reconciliation.
Other Financial statements: Cash Book, Asset List.

Details of each section of the AGAR were noted and attention drawn to the points for consideration and agreement, in particular, those relating to the responsibilities of the members of LPC in Section 1 – Annual Governance Statement 2020/21 and Section 2 – Accounting Statements 2020/21. Each point of these two sections was agreed.

With the completion of the Internal Audit, it is expected that the Certificate of Exemption can be obtained as a formality.

All the documentation will be published on the Longstowe website as well as the noticeboards, as required by statute.

123 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
None
124 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) Village Hall update: The new back door and lock are in place, however, hirers still do not seem able to follow the locking instructions. New pipework to the kitchen has allowed rodent access. A firm will be contacted to deal with the matter. The blue recycling bin is to be put away as general rubbish is being put into it. Over the Easter period hall hire is reduced. The next village Afternoon Tea is Friday 29th April. Hire charges are being reviewed in the light of increased electricity costs. The Village Hall Committee AGM is imminent.
b) County Broadband update: A letter of concern, about working on Sundays and the positioning of new communications poles along the route to Little Gransden, has been sent to County Broadband. A reply is awaited and will be followed up.
125 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
126 SYKLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
There is to be a Skylark Supplement to provide information on the village Jubilee events. It was agreed that the main Skylark would therefore be postponed until mid-June, which would allow for articles and photos on the events.
127 DATE OF THE ANNUAL OPEN MEETING FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING:
THURSDAY MAY 19TH 2022 AT 7.15 PM, AT LONGSTOWE VILLAGE HALL.

The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group to be asked to speak and take questions at the Annual Parish Open Meeting.

Signed by Date

Chair