DRAFT MINUTES

LONGSTOWE PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES

Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 18th July 2019 at 7.15pm
in Longstowe Village Hall

Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Bobbie Coe – Clerk

Also present: Mr R. Murden (Footpath Warden), Ms S. Brown.
24 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Will Bevan, PCSO John Coppard, Cllr Mark Howell, Cllr Tumi Hawkins.
25 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The Minutes of 20th June 2019 were agreed and signed.
26 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Mr R. Murden reported on the state of the village footpaths: FP7, sign on the High Street is down: CCC informed. FP2, sign needs replacing. Byway 12, fence is down, might be Rail Network. FP9 across the field, the field has not been cut. All other footpaths have been cut and look very good. A grant should be sought for a footpath map of the village for the main noticeboard. There is some overgrown hedge towards the bridge on the Old North Road. The milestone on the bridge has been refurbished. We need four replacement Neighbourhood Watch signs. We should request BT to replace our telephone box to house a defibrillator.
Cllr Tumi Hawkins (SCDC) (written report) covered the Tree Wardens Network; the Draft Bourn Airfield supplementary planning document; Cambourne West; Greater Cambridge Planning Service; Statement of Community Involvement; Housing; Business and Finance; Governance; Transport, including the Combined Authority Local Transport Plan currently undergoing a public consultation, ending on 27 September.
Cllr Mark Howell (CCC) (written report) covered Cambourne West design code; the Mobile Library visit to Jesus Green; Children, especially from Godmanchester Community Academy, and Clean Air Day; the Greater Cambridge Partnership schemes; the South West travel hub.
27 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
a) Cabinet and Parish Councils Liaison Meeting, 26/06/19: Clerk reported on the meeting, which included Operation London Bridge (circulated).
28 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
None received.
29 FINANCE
a) Victoire Press Ltd: The Skylark, July: £59.
b) Street Lighting Parish Energy Handover (circulated). Clerk to follow-up.
30 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
a) S/0663/19/FL: Planning permission granted: 134 Old North Road (for information).
31 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) Cambridgeshire Hearing Help: local volunteer request: it was agreed to offer the noticeboards.
b) Village Hall: Fully booked except for Friday evenings.
32 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
33 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
a) Cambridgeshire Hearing Help: local volunteer request (noticeboards).
b) RAF Benevolent Fund in Cambridgeshire: Mr R Murden to write a piece.
c) Request to include SCDC Bin information.
d) Clerk to include an item on gliding.
e) Chair to remind residents about keeping footpaths clear of overgrowth from gardens.
f) Chair to seek support for defibrillator at village hall or at village pound.
34 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 12th September 2019 at 7.15pm (N.B. change of date)

Signed by: …………………………………………………….. Date: ………………..
Chairperson