DRAFT MINUTES

DRAFT Minutes of the Meeting held virtually on Thursday 18th February 2021 at 7.15pm.

Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown – Clerk

Also present: Cllr Tumi Hawkins, Cllr Mark Howell, Mrs Bobbie Coe and Mrs Chris Morton who were welcomed.
90 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Geoff Hemmins.
91 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The Minutes of 21st January 2021 were agreed and approved for signing.
92 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Cllr Tumi Hawkins, SCDC: January Report, highlighted, a) Green Scheme grants available to end March, b) CCC Broadband grants end in March, c) Community Warden Scheme, noted Bourn and Caldecote have combined for this grant, d) Vaccinations Centres: Royston up and running. Bar Hill hotel for isolating lorry drivers, stood down due to very low numbers, e) Bourn Airfield housing development before Planning Committee 19th Feb 2021.
Discussion:
Cllr Bevan asked how Business Support Grants were currently being made, as there had been no communication from SCDC concerning this round. Cllr Hawkins noted that there was a backlog of work and that she would make enquiries.
The non-delivery of the Winter Sth Cambs magazine in the village was raised by Cllr White. He has been in contact with SCDC concerning the matter. Apparently, the distributor has not made the deliveries. Cllr Hawkins will look into the situation.

Cllr Mark Howell, CCC: highlighted, a) Trees, Rushbrook Close. Although the residents can cut them back written permission is required from the housing association, b) Council Tax, Budget will increase by 2.99%: 1% for adult care cases preparation, 1.99% other services; Highways budget includes, footpath maintenance / surface treatment £20 million, Flooding / verges works £2.3 million, B1050 Willingham to Earith crumbling road / dyke £7 million.
Discussion:
Cllr Bevan raised the matter of the dangerous road edge on the A1198, by the milestone north of the crossroads and that he had taken Cllr Howell to view the problem. The milestone has been knocked down by a lorry and will be re-erected through the offices of Cllr Bevan.
93 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
a) Pathway to Bourn: Noted that Cllr Howell will further the proposed information gathering meeting.
b) Pathway along A1198: LPC will continue to press for repair.
94 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
None
95 FINANCE
a) Precept 2021-22 and the tax base. Agreed on an article for Skylark explaining the small change in Council tax charge due to reduced number of households in the village paying full council tax.
b) South Cambs DC: Direct Credit: Precept 20–21 A2 £1312.50 noted.
c) South Cambs DC: Direct Credit: Precept 20–21 B £2,625.00 noted.
d) Opus Energy: DD: 18/6/2020 £74.75 noted.
e) Opus Energy: DD: 13/7/2020 £82.75 noted.
f) Opus Energy: DD: 1/9/2020 £85.39 noted.
g) Opus Energy: DD: 28/9/2020 £33.33 noted.
h) Opus Energy: DD: 2/11/2020 £40.41 noted.
i) Opus Energy: DD: 30/11/2020 £46.09 noted.
j) Opus Energy: DD: 4/1/2021 £48.47 noted.
k) SLCC (Society of Local Council Clerks) membership £112.00 agreed.
96 TO CONSIDER/REPORT ON PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
None
97 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) Village Hall update: No bookings currently being taken. Cricket fixtures have been made for the summer. Maintenance continues whilst hall remains closed. Storage heaters on during cold weather and water supply checked. Thanks were expressed to John Murden assisted by Dick Murden and Cllr White for their work on the upkeep.
b) Covid-19 village update: Continuing very low level of requests for help. It was noted that the local area data shows only four covid-19 cases this week.
c) Repair and painting of wooden village signboard: Quotes for the work have been sought.
d) Drainage: sewers, road gullies and flooding by St. John’s House 24/12/2020: CCC Highways have now agreed to the jetting and clearance work. There is a backlog of works however, thus a firm date has not been provided. Cllr Bevan would like to have notice of the date of the works and to meet with the crew.
e) Letter from Cambourne Town Council 12/1/2021 concerning East-West Rail route: Cllr Cooper will draft a response. A slip on the subject to be added to Skylark.
f) GCSPS, Greater Cambridge Local Plan site information, Survey of information and opinions, by 1/3/2021: Cllr White agreed to pursue information gathering on the Longstowe sites.
g) SCDC, Consultation on new housing policies relating to Build to Rent, Clustering and Distribution of Affordable Housing and Affordable Rent Setting, by 23/3/2021: Agreed that Cllr Hawkins should be invited to speak on this subject at the next meeting.
h) Appraisal – Clerk: Longstowe Parish Council agreed the following points, with further detailed in Appendix 1:
1) Bring salary into line with NALC guidelines.
2) To agree Annual Leave arrangements based on national guidance. Establish policy to runfrom April 1st to 31st March.
3) Back date salary to date new rates of pay were agreed (April 2020).
4) Pension arrangements.
5) Development of Parish Council policies ref. employees.
6) Membership of the SLCC/£112.
98 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the noticeboards
and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
99 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
a) Agreed that the Bourn School Chrome Book Funding Appeal should be in the next issue.
b) Precept and tax base, Mrs Coe will provide an article.
c) Local Plan / E-W Rail, Cllr Cooper will provide an article.
d) ACRE Village Halls Domesday Book, Cllr White will consider this with Mrs Bowden, Secretary, Village Hall Committee.
e) Government Covid Update, Mrs Morton is waiting for the announcement on Monday 22nd February, before finalising the article.

100 DATE OF NEXT MEETING THURSDAY 18TH FEBRUARY 2021

Signed by: …………………………………………Chairperson Date: …………………