Minutes 16th March 2017

Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 16th March 2017 at 7.15pm in Longstowe Village Hall

Present:

Cllr Will Bevan (Acting Chairperson)

Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Peter White
Bobbie Coe – Clerk

Also present: Cllr Sebastian Kindersley, Cllr Bridget Smith, Mr R Murden. Mr Murden requested the dates for the change of Ward for the CCC and for SCDC. These are:

CCC: May 2017; SCDC: May 2018. He also raised the bad state of the footpath along the A1198 and more litter at the junction of Byway 12 with Gransden Road. It was noted that the manhole covers by Middle Farm and the Old Post Office are still bad after the repair work has been completed. It was also noted that the sewage manhole covers in the High Street are banging and need checking. Another point raised was the visibility at the Church exit due to overgrown hedging.

101 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Barbara Cooper, Cllr Ben Holland.

102 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING

Minutes of 23rd February 2017 were agreed and signed.

103 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO

Cllr Sebastian Kindersley reported that former Chief Constable Julie Spence has been named as the new Lord-Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, the first woman to hold this title. Cllr Kindersley requested that the PC responds to Highways England on the dualling of the A428 from Caxton Gibbet to the Black Cat Roundabout at a cost of £833m.

Cllr Bridget Smith reported that the current problems with the Local Plan leads to the SCDC Planning Committee approving almost everything.

104 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

a) Dene Brook bridge breaking up: CCC/Highways have indicated that this is Riparian ownership. Cllr Kindersley to contact CCC on our behalf.
b) Community Chest Grant for Defibrillator: to be reviewed at the next meeting.

c) Clerk attended the CAPALC transparency fund drop-in on 15th March and will be applying for internet connection and one year’s costs for the Village Hall along with computer software.

105 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA None received.

106 FINANCE

a) S137 Allowance for 2017–2018 is £7.57 pp.

b) Clerk’s pay + expenses: £461.71; HMRC: £107.60.

107 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED None received.

108 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS

a) Village Hall update: the grant has been accepted and work will shortly begin on refurbishing the structure.
b) Coalition of Parish Councils: Urgent consideration (circulated). PC agreed to endorse the submission.
c) Risk Management Policy: Cllr B Cooper and Cllr W Bevan to report back.

d) Financial Regulations Model: Cllr B Cooper and Cllr W Bevan to report back.

109 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.

110 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES

a) The PC are happy to encourage Clare Rebbeck, the new editor, with her suggested new features: “help wanted”, “recommendations”, and possibly a competition with a small prize.

b) Hunts Forum and Cambs CVS: it was agreed that this article could be published.

c) CC: Village parking problems: it was agreed that this could be published.

111 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 20th April 2017 at 7.00pm – Annual Parish Open Meeting