Minutes 16th May 2018

Minutes of the Meeting held on Wednesday 16th May 2018 at 7.15pm in Longstowe Village Hall

Present:

Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)

Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Bobbie Coe – Clerk

Also present: Cllr Mark Howell and a member of the public.

1 ELECTION OF CHAIRPERSON; DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE Cllr Barbara Cooper was re-elected as Chairperson.

2 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE None received.

3 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING

Minutes of 19th April 2018 were agreed and signed. The Minutes of the Parish Open Meeting of 19th April 2018 were agreed and signed. The Minutes of the 12th April 2018 (planning meeting) were agreed and signed. The Minutes of the 3rd May 2018 (finance and planning meeting) were agreed and signed.

4 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO

Cllr Mark Howell (CCC) reported on the sale of Shire Hall, Cambridge, to cut costs and the move to Alconbury, keeping satellite centres, although most people contacted the council via its web pages. He also reported on the CCC looking into the use of plastics. The Dragon patch machine is busy filling in pot holes. Cllr Howell reported that Nene Housing had completed their work on the trees in Rushbrook Close but Cllr Hemmins informed him that no work had been done. A meeting with all concerned will be arranged. LPC informed Cllr Howell that the decision on the Byways was to leave them with the current arrangements. Cllr Cooper asked Cllr Howell about updating speedwatch equipment grant to include roadside signals with data collection and was given a contact.

5 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

a) CCC: Highways: Gully repairs: Clerk to check on progress.

b) Anglian Water: Manhole covers: Job reference: 54495297. Clerk to check on progress.

6 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA None received.

7 FINANCE

a) SCDC: annual payment by Direct Debit: Longstowe web pages: £100. Noted.

b) Precept 18/19 A received: £2,625.

c) Accounts have been sent for internal audit.

d) Exemption certificate and contacts sent to external auditors, PKF Littlejohn LLP.

e) Insurance from 01/06/2018: £594.81.

f) CAPALC: New pay scales for 2018 and 2019. Noted.

8 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED None received.

9 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS

a) TWM Traffic Control Systems Ltd: Speeding equipment (circulated). Chair to follow up on use of grant.
b) Village Hall: Some damage (wear & tear) on the playground, Cllr Holland and Cllr White to deal with this. The broken window has been repaired. It has been reported that the gate has been left open: users will be reminded to make sure it is closed and locked after use.

10 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.

11 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES

a) Bourn to run wish to advertise. This would be free-of-charge.

b) Accident reports: request help in keeping a log of these: Clerk to send to Editor.

c) Housing survey copy sent to Clare.

12 DATE OF NEXT MEETING Thursday 21st June 2018 at 7.15pm