Minutes 18th January 2018

Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 18th January 2018 at 7.15pm in Longstowe Village Hall

Present:

Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chair)

Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Bobbie Coe – Clerk

Also present: Cllr Sebastian Kindersley, Cllr Briget Smith, Cllr Mark Howell and Mr R

Murden. Mr Murden reported fly-tipping at entrance to Byway 12: he has collected it together ready for collection by SCDC (Clerk to report). He also raised the on-going problems with the trees in Rushbrook Close (Clerk to send Nene Housing information to Cllr Kindersley).

83 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Will Bevan, Cllr Geoff Hemmins. Cllr Mark Howell apologised for missing the December meeting because of illness.

84 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING

Minutes of Thursday 21st December 2017 were agreed and signed.

85 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO

Cllr S Kindersley reported on the SCDC Local Plan and the issues of speculative planning requests, of which over 5,500 houses have been given planning permission that would not normally have been permitted.

Other reports from Cllrs included the probable CCC budget for the next year; that the £1 parking charge will be dropped from April; that there is an on-going consultation on Police numbers.

86 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

a) Longstowe Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan: 25 questionnaires received. Chair to contact non-respondents.
b) Anglian Water: noisy manhole covers: Clerk has reported these.

c) CCC: sunken drains: Clerk has reported these.

87 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA None received.

88 FINANCE

a) Parish Precept for 2018–2019: it was agreed to raise £5,250.

b) Longstowe bus shelters: cleaning and materials: Mr M Murden: £110.00.

c) Victoire Press Ltd: Skylark: January 2018: £61.00 (paid last month).

d) Village Hall: Hire charges for Parish Council meetings, 2016–2017: £144.00.

e) Village Hall & Sports Ground: Playground Insurance due: £297.41.

89 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED None received.

90 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS

a) Speeding: Chair to follow up on equipment with the Police.

b) Village Hall: nothing to report.

91 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.

92 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES None received.

93 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 15th February 2018 at 7.15pm