Minutes 18th July 2018

Minutes of the Meeting held on Wednesday 18th July 2018 at 7.15pm in Longstowe Village Hall

Present:

Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)

Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Bobbie Coe – Clerk

24 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Mark Howell, PCSO James Lynch 7350.

25 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING

Minutes of 21st June 2018 were agreed and signed.

26 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO

Cllr Tumi Hawkins (SCDC) sent a full report by e-mail, which was forwarded to the Councillors. It covered the new Shared Planning Service, the Draft Local Development Plan, Village Design Statements, Housing, A428 Dualling and Local Highways Improvement Funding.

27 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

a) Planning Application: S/1850/18/FL: Single Storey Warehouse Extension: Warehouse within secure compound, Store, The Station Works, Old North Road, Bourn CB23 2TZ: Mr Mallyon. After further information, the Parish Council reported an error in the application and that it had no objections.
b) The road closure in September will not affect local households.

c) CAPALC: Councillors & Clerks catch-up day: 29 June: £30. The Clerk was unable to attend.
d) It was reported that the new manhole covers in the Village rattle. Clerk to report.

28 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA None received.

29 FINANCE

a) Victoire Press Ltd: The Skylark: July 2018: £59.00 (110 copies).

30 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED

a) S/2426/18/FL: Change of use and conversion of a disused stable block to holiday

accommodation: Wrights Farm House, High Street, Longstowe, CB23 2UN: Mr J.

Crowther. Unfortunately, the wrong plans have been sent: Clerk to contact SCDC.

31 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS

a) Repair of traffic warning sign on A1198. Clerk to contact CCC/Highways.

b) The Pound. Cllr Ben Holland has cut back the long grass. Mr Anthony Clay is very grateful and will continue cutting it. The Parish Council would like to thank Mr Clay for continuing to look after The Pound.

c) TWM Traffic Control Systems Ltd: Speeding equipment: More funding needed: Chair to apply for funding. Also funding for installing a lay-by opposite The Row:

18th July 2018

Clerk to contact Highways and the Chair will apply for Local Highway Improvement Funding.

d) Set up a meeting in the Village to discuss placement of further housing. Chair to plan this linked to the Village Design proposals.
e) Village Hall update: the electrical work has been completed.

32 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.

33 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES

a) Reduction in number printed (115 to 110). Clerk to ask Editor.

b) Summarise Heidi Allen’s newsletters.

c) PC to write a general ‘thank you’.

34 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 20th September 2018 at 7.15pm (Cllr Will Bevan acting chair)