Minutes 19th December 2019

Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 19th December 2019 at 7.15pm in Longstowe Village Hall

Present: Cllr Will Bevan (Acting Chairperson)
Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown – Clerk

Also present: Mrs Bobbie Coe, Skylark Editor, Cllr Tumi Hawkins (SCDC), PCSO John Coppard and Mr Dick Murden.

OPEN FORUM
There were concerns that some of the hedge cutting along the roadsides was still a little over the highway. Cllr Bevan will investigate.

68 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Barbara Cooper

69 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The Minutes of 21st November 2019 were agreed and signed.

70 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Cllr Tumi Hawkins (SCDC) highlighted several items including from her written report: Greater Cambridge Local Plan; she and SCDC are encouraging people to have greater input to the Plan. It was noted that the information sent to PC Clerks was too late for inclusion in the December Skylark.
‘Keeping warm’ grants – available from Cambridgeshire Home Improvement Agency.
Fly Tipping Campaign (SCRAP); encourage people to report. There was discussion on the fact that one of ponds in the village is suffering. The Clerk will look at resolving the matter. It was also noted that the collection of used batteries by the recycling service was not happening as it should, as they were being thrown in the lorries with other items. Cllr Hawkins agreed to investigate the issue.

PCSO John Coppard: gave an overview of the month’s police concerns in Longstowe including road traffic accidents and a poaching incident.
PC Coppard also highlighted bogus callers and scams and gave out leaflets. Information will be put into the next Longstowe Skylark Newsletter. PC Coppard will also come to a village coffee afternoon to be available for any discussion on such issues and hopes to come to the village fete on 14th June 2020.

71 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
a) Rights of Way Map. Clerk to obtain map.
b) Cllr Peter White and the Clerk had met prior to this PC Meeting to look at the information now available to us. Using the additional comments supplied by CCC on the lighting, Cllr White agreed to check all the lamps, including two which are not functioning, and generate a new calculation of our annual expenditure.
c) S/3443/19/OL: Outline planning permission for 2 detached self-build plots north of 80 Old North Road: Millen Homes Ltd (31st October): Refusal of planning permission noted.

72 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
Village Hall committee members who are also Parish Councillors: Cllrs W. Bevan and Peter White.

73 FINANCE
a) Transfer of funds from Reading Room Trust. It was agreed that the PC bank details would be provided to Mr. Anthony Clay Chairperson of the RRTrust for him to complete the transfer of the funds to the Parish Council. The PC wish to Minute that the use of these funds would continue to abide by the Terms of the original Reading Room Trust. It was noted that the PC need to develop a plan for the Trust Fund monies. There was discussion of some use of the funds being for play equipment.
b) A summary of income/expenditure to date and expected was provided by Mrs Bobbie Coe. There has been an overspend due to the Longstowe Parish website development and payment for computer software, but the account balance will be in-line by the end of this financial year.

74 TO CONSIDER/REPORT ON PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
Application at: Village Hall, Park Lane, Longstowe, Cambridgeshire. CB23 2UJ. Ref: S/4210/19FL. Cllrs W Bevan and P White were absent for this item. Whilst there was some concern that there were not enough Ladies toilets, it was noted that adding more would require an extension to the building. It was agreed to support the Application as it stands. Mrs Bobbie Coe will send in the response to SCDC.

75 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
Village Hall update. Cllr Peter White reported that hirings were still increasing. Quotes were still required for renewal of the guttering, although repainting of the veranda was in hand. The new water main and kitchen were going in: work planned to start 7th January for three days. The duct for fibre broadband would be put in the same trench.

76 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
ITEMS DISCUSSED
h) No action on No Expressway Group letter.
j) National Photo Competition (for Parishes). Agreed that we should encourage people to enter Longstowe photos.
cc) Voluntary Sector Survey. Clerk to respond.
hh) It was agreed that the Climate Strategy Consultation, CCC, should be placed on the January 2020 Agenda.

77 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
The December (January ‘20) issue will be published and delivered in the next few days. The Spring issue will be in mid-March, for which items can now be submitted.

78 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 16th January 2020 at 7.15pm

Signed by: …………………………………………Chairperson Date: ………………..