Minutes 21st November 2019

Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 21st November 2019 at 7.15pm
in Longstowe Village Hall
Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown – Clerk
Also present: Cllr Mark Howells, who was welcomed.
57 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Tumi Hawkins (SCDC), PCSO John Coppard, Mrs Bobbie Coe
58 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING 
The Minutes of 17th October 2019 were agreed and signed.
59 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO 
a) Cllr Mark Howells, (CCC) outlined his latest report covering the items noted in this Meeting’s Agenda under 65 Correspondence Received. He is also willing to take up two matters of concern to Longstowe PC: street lighting costings and the new contract and traffic speeding.
b) Cllr Tumi Hawkins (SCDC) emailed November report.
PCSO John Coppard: a brief report / email, on policing matters concerning Longstowe, received on the day of this Meeting, was read out (now circulated). In response to the email it was agreed that; i) the Parish Council would put out a request for information / ask whether people would like a village meeting concerning cold calling, in our next Newsletter. ii)That the Police Speeding Survey would be filled in, see item 65b).
60 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
a) CCC Rights of Way map: As yet no progress.
b) Street Lighting: The PC is pleased to take up the offer of help from Cllr Mark Howells to resolve concerns about costings. Clerk to contact Cllr Howells.
c) S/3443/19/OL: Outline planning permission for 2 detached self-build plots north of 80 Old North Road: Millen Homes Ltd (31st October): an update. There has been a report from the Sustainable Drainage Engineer stating that a Flood Risk Assessment should accompany the planning application. Cllr Peter White noted that this report stated that the Dean Brook is an Award Drain. The County/SCDC Council is responsible for maintaining it. Cllr White has written to the Environment Agency to ascertain what length of Dean Brook is covered by this status. Cllr Barbara Cooper will also contact Mrs. Bobbie Coe about the planning application.
61 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
Cllr William Bevan: Item 63b) Application: TPO Trees.
62 FINANCE
a) Parish Precept 2020/2021: The Parish Council noted that it is happy with the bi-annual payment of the precept in April and September. It also agreed that the amount requested for the Precept would stay the same for 2020/2021 unless the new lighting contract required more funds.
b) Street Lighting: see Matters Arising.
63 TO CONSIDER/REPORT ON PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
a) S/2966/19/FL: Erection of two storey rear extension and front porch: 58 Old North Road: Consultation Amendment & Planning Permission: Noted that planning permission has been granted.
b) Ref: S/3. Application at: TPO Trees located along the East side of A1198 at Longstowe Hall Estate, Old North Road, Longstowe, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB23 2UH: Noted that the Parish Council was in agreement that the diseased trees in this application required work to be carried out on them.
64 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) SCDC Rough Sleeping Estimate: The Parish Council is able to say that it knows of no people sleeping rough in the Parish.
b) Village Hall update. Cllr P White noted that the Village Hall bookings continue to increase. The path below the veranda is now nearly complete thanks to the work of John Murden. The need for a revised cleaning programme is becoming apparent, especially as more exercise classes are booking the Hall. Cllr William Bevan also reported that the Village Hall committee had agreed to the next stage of the refurbishment (toilets / small meeting rooms) and that an application for planning permission was being made. A quote was also being obtained for renewal of guttering.
c) Wheelie Bin Speed Sign Stickers have now been distributed to all homes on the A and B roads through Longstowe.
d) CCC: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Against Scams Partnership (CAPASP). Cllr B. Cooper reported that this Partnership is promoting communities working together. It has leaflets and posters available. It will also hold a drop-in session if requested. It was thought that information could go in to Skylark and could also be made available at the monthly afternoon teas.
e) No-one was able to attend the Cambridgeshire Local Councils Conference on 8th Nov. Ms S. Brown, Clerk gave a brief resume of the Gliding Club Consultative Meeting 13th November.
65 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
To action / note:
a) 65 t) Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Proposed Submission Plan Consultation – The Clerk will review document looking in particular at any impact on or by Longstowe Parish.
b) 65 u) Police Survey: Speeding Survey – Have Your Say 28/10/2019. Cllr B. Cooper agreed to complete the survey.
66 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
a) New Skylark email address:  LongstoweSkylark@hotmail.com
b) Items needed by first week in December for mid-December issue.
c) It was noted that it was quite difficult to obtain the calendar of Church Services from the Diocese, but that this was being worked on.
67 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 19th December 2019 at 7.15pm
Signed by: …………………………………………Chairperson Date: ………………..