Minutes 21st September 2017

Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 21st September 2017 at 7.15pm in Longstowe Village Hall

Present:

Cllr Will Bevan (acting Chairperson)

Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White

Bobbie Coe – Clerk

Also present: Cllr Bridget Smith, Cllr Mark Howell, Mr Colin Boswell.

Mr Boswell introduced himself as being interested in building a house on land in Longstowe. On visiting the site, a planning officer from Cumbria, seconded to SCDC, reported the site as suitable for building; however, a second letter from SCDC was against the plans as being outside the development framework of the village and unsustainable in a village without a bus service! Cllr Bridget Smith kindly agreed to look into the matter on behalf of Mr Boswell.

39 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Barbara Cooper, Cllr Sebastian Kindersley.

40 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING

Minutes of 20th July 2017 and 14th September 2017 were agreed and signed.

41 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO

Cllr Bridget Smith reported on the Central Bedfordshire plans for a new town at Tempsford: SCDC has responded indicating that viability requires the Cambridge– Oxford link to be in place. She also reported that there would be a grant for relief if any business rate increased by more than 10%. Also reported was the probability that for the rubbish collection, the blue bin separate paper caddy would no longer be used: paper would go directly into the bin. The Gamlingay O2 and EE mast has been switched off, so there may be resulting bad mobile ’phone coverage. Cllr Smith raised the problem of travellers setting up camp on unprotected land and recommended that all access to land is both gated and locked, as access would than be trespass. The A428 busway project is studying three options and the P&R move will be to Scotland Farm (Dry Drayton) or near Madingly Mulch. There were also items on the Apprenticeship brokerage scheme and Gamlingay Business Hub.

Cllr Mark Howell reported on BOATS (Byways open to all traffic): A number of Parish Councils would like to see their BOATS closed to motorised vehicles, due to their misuse, but open all year for other users. This would require a TRO (Traffic Regulation Order).

42 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

43 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA None received.

44 FINANCE

a) External audit completed and published.

b) Victoire Press Ltd: Skylark: July 2017: £61.00.

c) ICO: Data Protection registration (direct debit): £35.00.

d) Clerks and Councillors annual catch up day 22 September: £25.00.

e) Clerk’s pay + expenses: £499.74; HMRC: £122.60.

45 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED

46 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS

a) Village Hall update: everything progressing as planned. Any donations for Stage 2 of the renovations would be gratefully received. A ‘thank-you’ party is being arranged.

b) Cllr Mark Howell: BOATS / TRO: The Longstowe BOAT is path number 12. The PC will canvass the village for their views.
c) Other security matters: Cllr Peter White will contact the PCC about access to Church grounds (see Cllr Bridget Smith’s report above).

47 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.

48 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES

a) Jordans Mill (Holme Mills): registered charity and museum: tours and café: we would require a paid-for advert.
b) Heidi Allen, MP: request for electronic copy of Skylark: Clerk to arrange.

49 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Wednesday 18th October 2017 at 7.15pm