Minutes 27th February 2020

Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 27th February 2020 at 7.15pm in Longstowe Village Hall

Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown – Clerk
Also present: Cllr Tumi Hawkins, Mrs Bobbie Coe and Dick Murden, who were welcomed.
OPEN FORUM
There was a request that the gullies along the B1046 be cleaned. Agreed contact will be made with CCC, Highways. Mr Dick Murden informed the meeting that new Footpath signs had been put up a week ago. He also noted that the cutting back of field hedges on the road side was a great improvement. A problem with potholes was also raised. Noted that requests for repair needed to be made online. A further concern was recent theft of heating fuel in the village.
93 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Geoff Hemmins.
94 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING 
a) The Minutes of 16th January 2020 were agreed and signed.
b) The Minutes of 4th Feb were deferred for signing.
95 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
a) Cllr Tumi Hawkins, SCDC, summarised points from her report:
i) E-W Rail route; ii) Sth Cambridge Station proposal, responses require by 2.3.2020;       iii) the Mayor will be taking over the busway proposal Cambridge – Cambourne; iv) 3-Free Trees. A decision was made to obtain the voucher; v) Eco-retrofit of South Cambridgeshire Hall. However, 56% of SCDC carbon footprint is from their vehicles such as bin lorries;
vi) SCDC now has seven village design guides.
Cllr Hawkins also responded to the concerns raised at previous Longstowe PC Meetings:  i) Battery recycling: The procedure to follow is: if anyone notices bin crews throwing batteries into the general lorry / other recycling, take the number of the vehicle, the day and time. Then send this information to SCDC – Recycling.
ii) Planning Application, Ref: S/4148/19/FL: 48, Old North Road, Longstowe, Cambs, CB23 2UB.  Single storey side and rear extension: Noted Longstowe PC’s concern that it’s comments were not taken into account concerning a previous planning application at this site. Further that when the District Council makes a mistake in planning approval requirements, there is no possibility of reversal. As this property is not in the village framework it would thus, normally, receive greater planning restrictions. Cllr Hawkins also noted that the only way to reverse a decision was for it to be called back to the Planning Committee. It is possible to see from the highway, that ground works have already started and it was agreed to send photos to SCDC. Cllr Hawkins added that, from March 2020 there will be three Planning Areas in SCDC, each with a team leader who will be in closer contact with parishes.
b) Cllr Mark Howell: January Report summarised in Minutes of Parish Council Meeting of 16th January 2020.
96 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
a) Street Lighting: Agreed to accept the quote from Opus. Agreed that the amount requested for the Parish Precept would remain the same as it is not anticipated that street lighting costs will rise. It was also questioned whether we had received an email with the bill for last year’s street lighting.
b) Pathway to Bourn: Mrs Bobbie Coe has written to grant giving bodies that support cycle paths. Cllr Hawkins advised that the GCP (Greater Cambridgeshire Partnership) was the planning authority to contact. It maybe that Wysing Arts would also be interested it this idea. It was agreed that Chairperson Barbara Cooper would contact Bourn Parish Council to start developing a discussion on the idea.
c) Village Hall Wifi: Longstowe is currently outside the envelope for Cambs Free Wifi. Thus, the PC will need to set up a paid contract. It was considered that unlimited broadband was required and that the option to prevent outgoing calls, except for 999, should be included.
d) SCDC proposed changes to planning decision making. Cllr Hawkins gave an overview of the situation. Cllr Barbara Cooper will send a brief letter voicing Longstowe PC’s concern over the planning issues raised.
e) Rights of Way Map: Agreed this should be full colour and will go on the noticeboard by the village memorial sign.
97 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
a) None
98 FINANCE
Full request for Clerk’s payment will be made at the March 19th Meeting.
99 TO CONSIDER/REPORT ON PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
a) Ref: S/0111/20/DC. Correspondence regarding application at: The Red House, 134, Old North Road, Longstowe, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB23 2UT: Noted.
100 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) Village Hall update: the connection of the new water main is in-hand. Broadband can be connected once a decision has been made about the different options. Booking are still very good. There was consideration of inviting those booking regularly to meet with the VH Committee.
101 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
Items highlighted from list.
b) Clerk will write CCC Highways to clarify whether there is a High Street closure on 23.03.20.
c) PCSO John Coppard will be asked to report and / or come to the next PC Meeting.
k) Community Safety and Resilience Event & Zero Carbon Communities workshop. Attendance encouraged.
m) Survey of rural England’s community buildings: VH committee best placed to respond.
cc) and dd) SCDC: Planning Committee Planning delegations update. See Minutes item 96d).
ee) Clerk will investigate organizing a village action for the Great British Spring Clean.
ll) GCSPS: Public Access Demo. Cllr Barbara Cooper reported on the event.
tt) East West Rail Project: Community Events: February – March 2020. All encouraged to attend. Leaflets are available at various local outlets. Cllr Hawkins outlined the broad route.
102 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
a) Next issue mid-March. Bobbie Coe will continue as Editor for the time being.
103 DATE OF NEXT MEETING THURSDAY 19TH MARCH 2020
Signed by: …………………………………………Chairperson Date: ………………..