Minutes Thursday 15th April 2021

Minutes of the Meeting held virtually on Thursday 15th April 2021 at 7.15pm.

Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown – Clerk

Also present: Cllr Tumi Hawkins, Mrs Bobbie Coe and Mrs Chris Morton who were welcomed.

OPEN FORUM
Mr Dick Murden has announced his intention of relinquishing the post of Footpath Warden that he has held for 41 years. Much appreciation was expressed for all the work he has undertaken over this extremely long period. Mr Murden also intends to give up posting the Skylark. Again, appreciation was voiced as to the long-term commitment that he had given to this job. A ‘thank you’ is planned and will be finalised after the meeting.

There was discussion as to a replacement Footpath Warden. Mr Murden is happy to discuss key points; decision to carry an advert in Skylark / the next Supplement. The offer from Barbara Cooper, Chair, to take on the Skylark delivery is appreciated and was accepted.

The spare signboard needs to be taken down from the sports shed to allow application of preservative. Agreed to remove.
112 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Geoff Hemmins, PCSO John Coppard.
113 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The Minutes of 18th March 2021 were agreed and approved for signing.
114 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Cllr Tumi Hawkins, SCDC: April Report: highlighted a) the new available funds in the Covid Recovery Grant Scheme, b) government covid grants to businesses, some still available, c) the documentary evidence for 6.1 years house building land supply in the current Local Plan, overtopping the government requirement for a 5-year supply, d) the Preferred Options Draft for the Local Plan is anticipated for Sept / Oct 2021, e) East-West Rail consultation to 9/5/2021.
115 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
a) Pathway to Bourn: no further progress. This will be a long-term project.
b) Pathway along A1198: Agreed to continue with request for resurfacing of this path. The suggestion from the Local Highways Officer, that volunteers would be welcome for basic maintenance, will be considered.
c) Drainage: sewers, road gullies and flooding by St. John’s House 24/12/2020: Gully works are scheduled for next Tuesday. Cllr Bevan will meet with the road crew.
d) East-West Rail Route – consultation: Barbara Cooper will send the LPC response. Everyone encouraged to send in personal a response. There was discussion on the loss of landscape value; lack of need for this project, the more so with changes in travel and working from home brought about by the covid situation.
e) Repair and painting of wooden village signboard: Further quotes for replacement are awaited. It will be replaced by the spare metal one at present.
f) Speed warning sign A1198: The approach to CCC Highways has now been passed to the correct staff member.
g) In-person / remote Parish Council meetings – government call for evidence: Barbara Cooper, Chair, will respond for LPC. Individuals, including members of the public, also encouraged to respond. There was discussion on the pros and cons of remote meetings; whilst older people and those without the internet preferred the village hall, LPC had still sought and been available to hear their views for remote meetings. It was noted that our county and district councillors had been able to attend almost 100% of the time remotely. It is also anticipated that younger and busy people will be more likely to participate and expect some form of remote attendance in future. The LPC preference going forward is for a mix of online / village hall meetings, and to look for funding for equipment so that both forms of meeting could go forward concurrently.
116 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
None received.
117 FINANCE
a) CAPALC / NALC membership 2021/22, £164.03 + Data Protection Officer membership £50.00. Agreed
b) Eyelid Productions annual website support, hosting and domain name fees £170.00. Agreed.
c) Village Hall: Playground insurance: £169.44. Agreed.
d) Opus Energy: Street lighting: £54.37, £54.58 and £46.91. Direct debit noted.

Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) 2020/21 and other Financial statements:
e) AGAR Section 1 – Annual Governance Statement 2020/21: Completed.
f) AGAR Section 2 – Accounting Statements 2020/21: Completed.
g) Certificate of Exemption, if agreed by Internal Audit: Noted.
h) Analysis of variances: Noted.
i) Bank Reconciliation: Noted.
j) Other Financial statements: Cash Book, Asset List. All noted.

Mrs Coe, RFO, shared the details of each section of the AGAR, drawing to attention the points for consideration and agreement, in particular those relating to the responsibilities of the members of LPC in Section 1 – Annual Governance Statement 2020/21 and Section 2 – Accounting Statements 2020/21. Each point of these two sections was agreed. Mrs Coe noted that the Analysis of Variance links directly to the AGAR return.

All the documentation will be published on the Longstowe website as well as the noticeboards, as required by statute.
118 TO CONSIDER/REPORT ON PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
None received.
119 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) Village Hall update: The smoke detector still requires repair; Cllr White considers that the sensor in the kitchen is faulty. Cllr Bevan will see if the electrician he has working can also visit the village hall for this problem. Barbara Cooper, Chair, offered to print new covid posters for use at the VH and produce the risk assessment for any future hire of the building. At the current time general hire is not being considered. The VH will be used for voting on 6th May and only the toilets available during cricket matches. John Murden will move the battery recycling tube to a post. Noted that it is being well used, with thanks to Cllr White for regularly taking the batteries to a larger recycling point.
b) Covid-19 village update: Covid lateral flow tests are now available to all, information on obtaining the home tests will be given in Skylark / the Supplement. There have been no known covid-related problems in the village.
120 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the noticeboards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.

Discussion: NALC has a forthcoming webinar on involvement of young people in local activities. There was discussion on involvement of the range of younger adults and the level of their interest.
121 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
Agreed another Supplement to be printed before the end of April Items to include:
a) AGM and Open Meeting
b) Cricket
c) Footpath Officer
d) Lateral Flow Tests
e) Community PC.
f) E-W Rail consultation.
122 DATE OF NEXT MEETING ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: THURSDAY 20TH MAY 2021

Signed by: ……………Chairperson Date: …………………