Minutes Thursday 16th July 2020

Minutes of the Meeting held virtually on Thursday 16th July 2020 at 7.15pm.
Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown – Clerk
Also present: Cllr Tumi Hawkins, Cllr Mark Howell, Mrs Chris Morton and Mrs Bobbie Coe who were welcomed.
OPEN FORUM
Concern was expressed that all 3 barriers continue closed on the byway from the Red House past Copy Yard Farm and west to the junction with the B1046. There is currently farm machinery at two points on the byway as well. It was noted that the adjacent farmers have keys to access their fields but would then close the barriers again if they had found them that way. CCC Rights of Way Officer to be contacted (action – Clerk).
24 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Geoff Hemmins.
25 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING 
The Minutes of 18th June 2020 were agreed and approved for signing.
26 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Cllr Tumi Hawkins, SCDC: highlighted, a) SCDC Planning Area Team Liaison Meeting last
Week (Clerk attended online and had raised the issue of planning applications not being
received or receipt of those meant for Longstanton Parish). Cllr Hawkins noted that any
concerns or queries could be raised with the Area Team Leader. Cllr White noted that he had not yet received a response from this person to an email sent on 8th July. Cllr Hawkins
apologised for this and will look into the matter. b) Construction Working Hours consultation with Parish Councils. c) Zero Carbon Grants – Phase 2 open.
Cllr Mark Howell, CCC: highlighted, a) Social Services – the massive concentration of liaison and effort during lockdown between agencies, care homes and with the Red Cross delivering food parcels to around 900 homes. This entailed transfer of many CCC staff into Social Services and the covid Contact Centre. b) Increase in rate of road resurfacing and pothole repair especially on major roads, whilst there was less traffic. c) Contact made with all city and district councils to look at new measures to support cycling. d) Cllr Howell had also had contact with Papworth Parish Council concerning their new street lighting contract. They may be in contact concerning involvement of other Parishes.
27 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
a) Pathway to Bourn: Cllrs Howell and Bevan will meet to look at this proposal.
b) Village Hall Wifi: Noted that County Broadband are holding open meetings and will provide free internet access to village hall if enough households in the village connect via their service. Agreed to put village hall connection on hold until the situation is known.
c) Rights of Way map: The Rights of Way Officer for South Cambs would be contacted to discuss the anomaly between map and ground situation by Copy Yard Farm. The addition of information on the Permissive Paths to the Legend will now be arranged. Clerk to action.
d) Road drains: Agreed Clerk would follow up the matter as there had been no response to an email query sent to Highways on 7th July.
28 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
None
29 FINANCE
a) Invoice: Victoire Press for July Skylark printing, £69.00. Agreed.
b) Invoice: CCC Street lighting to 5th May 2020, £322.99. Noted query concerning date / amount. Clerk to look into this matter.
30 TO CONSIDER/REPORT ON PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED 
a) Ref: 20/02264/FUL Change of use of the existing outbuilding for short term rentals up to 180 nights per calendar year. 48 Old North Road Longstowe CB23 2UB. Concern expressed about another application at this address. This includes an issue with many vehicles being parked both sides of the road. Agreed contact to be made with Cllr Hawkins, Chair of Planning Committee, Stephen Kelly, Joint Director Planning and Economic Development, GCSPS (Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Service) and Bridget Smith, Leader SCDC. Cllr Cooper to action.
b) 20/01983/S73, Longstowe Hall, 10 Old North Road, Variation of condition 5 (siting of the marquee) of planning permission S/0045/10/F. Noted approved.
31 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) Village Hall update: Village Hall continues closed. Painting of the north side of the building has been undertaken. The new water main is now connected inside, together with an outside tap. Cricket is due to start soon with only the toilets being used in the Village Hall. Bookings are being taken from October. Playing Field: Some covid hygiene notices will be printed to put up for the playing field and Village Hall when required. (action Cllr Cooper).
b) Covid-19 village update: No further cases of covid-19 in the village. Three requests for collection of medication since June Council Meeting, with none for shopping or other matters. Cllr Barbara Cooper is able to continue cycling round the village every day to check the alert notices.
c) Providing a Scheme of Delegation within Longstowe Parish Council to consider planning issues that do not fall into the monthly Meeting timetable: Agreed that as a small Parish Council a special virtual meeting can be set up quickly enough to deal with such matters.
d) Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Service – Survey. Cllr Cooper completed the survey.
e) Green infrastructure in Greater Cambridge – Survey. Cllr Bevan will complete the survey.
32 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the noticeboards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
33 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES 
The next issue is early October, with items to be sent by the first week in September.
34 DATE OF NEXT MEETING THURSDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER 2020
Signed by: …………………………………………Chairperson Date: ………………..