Minutes Thursday 18th November 2021

Minutes of the Meeting held on 18th November 2021 at 7.15pm

Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown – Clerk

Also present: Cllr Mark Howell, Mrs Bobbie Coe, Mrs Chris Morton.

62 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Tumi Hawkins.
63 TO SIGN AND APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
Minutes of 21st October 2021 were agreed for signature.
64 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Cllr Howell, CCC – October Report noted. Highlighted issues: a) the winter hardship support fund towards food and energy bills, b) CCC support for the White Ribbon Campaign to end violence against women. The number of cases in the county during the lockdowns, have shown the importance of this work, c) Xmas holidays – continuity of free school meals for qualifying children, d) Fostering now being promoted with ‘empty nest’ parents, e) CCC looking into reducing many roads, including C-roads in parishes, to 20mph. This led to discussion on the need to reduce the speed on the A1198 through the village to 30mph, with agreement to make further representation to CCC on this matter. Cllr Cooper to action.
65 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (FOR INFORMATION ONLY) – COUNCIL TO REPORT THE FOLLOWING
a) Defibrillator: No further news on the grant application. Two residents have come forward with an offer to host the defibrillator at the edge of their property. Electricity cost estimated to be £30 / year.
b) Greater Cambridge Local Plan – First Proposals: consultation 1/11 – 13/12/21. Information to be put on the website and in Skylark
c) Neighbourhood Planning: A discussion meeting now arranged with the Senior Planning Policy Officer, on 25th November.
d) Drainage: blocked gullies A1198, by & near houses 80-86: Noted that the work had not gone ahead and that the Local Highways Officer had not been informed, within his department, that it had been postponed until early in the new financial year. Cllr Howell agreed to look into to the matter.
e) School buses – stops in Longstowe: Cllr Holland reported that the bus company had agreed to the primary school bus stopping at The Row and this should have started from last Monday.
f) Empty council house, High Street: Noted, the correspondence from the Housing Department stating that insulation work had been completed and restructuring of the downstairs layout was in hand.
66 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
None
67 FINANCE
a) Precept 2022-2023 – consultation: Noted that the Parish Council should have a whole Precept in-hand, but that £1300 was currently lacking in this respect. Noted possible costs for the 2022 council elections. Agreed to raise the precept by 10% (£525).
68 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
a) Planning Decision: 21/01868/FUL Longstowe Hall Garden Opening: Planning approval noted.
b) Planning Decision: 20/02264/FUL 48 Old North Road: Concern that Planning approval likely to be given. Agreed that concerns should be expressed again to the Planning Department.
69 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) Village Hall update: The back door is deteriorating and the back guttering is too small to cope with heavy rainfall; replacement quotes are being obtained for both. There is a continuing problem with non-return of keys by hirers; the key deposit of £10 is possibly too low. The booking difficulties concerning the clash of events on the 3rd Thursday of each month will be discussed further and resolved with each party. The October Afternoon Tea was well supported. There will be an Xmas Tea on 4th December, publicity to be put on the website.
b) Footpaths update: Cllr Holland, Footpath Warden reported no problems and cutting back around access points had gone ahead. Cllr Bevan however, reported problems with mini-motor cycles doing circuits along the byway and also on non-public tracks through fields. In addition, this was very noisy and Cllr Cooper reported that horses had been extremely scared, with the bike riders having to be asked to stop their engines. Noted that any incident should be reported to the police and only with this will they look into the situation. Concern was also raised about the narrowness of the pavement west of Middle Farm, due to the growth of the hedge, particularly on the bend. Cllr Bevan will investigate.
70 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
71 SYKLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
Agreed the December issue would be in colour. Cllr Cooper and Mrs Morton agreed to share the extra printing cost, for which they were thanked. Articles to include Christmas church services, January Afternoon Tea, thanks for care taken with bonfire night in respect of animals, Bourn village car scheme.

72 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 16TH DECEMBER 2021 AT 7.15 PM, AT ST. MARY’S CHURCH, LONGSTOWE.

Signed by Date 2021

Chair