Minutes Thursday 21st January 2021

Minutes of the Meeting held virtually on Thursday 21st January 2021 at 7.15pm

Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown – Clerk

Also present: Cllr Tumi Hawkins, Cllr Mark Howell, Mrs Bobbie Coe and Mrs Chris Morton who were welcomed.

OPEN FORUM
Cllr Peter White has been investigating the non-appearance of the winter edition of the South Cambs magazine. The suppliers are now making enquiries with the distributors. Noted that for those without internet this is a useful magazine.

79 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Geoff Hemmins.

80 THE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The Minutes of 17th December 2020 were agreed and approved for signing.

81 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Cllr Tumi Hawkins, SCDC: December Report highlighted, a) Green Homes Grants to end March, b) Broadband vouchers still available, c) Covid vaccinations roll-out increasing steadily in S. Cambs, d) Planning Services Report published; a Service improvement group has been set up to take the report forward and to include training, e) Bourn Airfield development to go to committee in mid-February, f) Luton Airport consultation on flightpaths until end of February.

Cllr Mark Howell, CCC: highlighted, a) extensive CCC involvement in covid vaccine roll-out, b) use by government of Best Western hotel, Bar Hill for isolating covid-positive lorry drivers, c) the three big infrastructure projects where attention is needed: E-W Rail, A428 Black Cat to Caxton Gibbet, C2C – Cambridge to Cambourne metro. There was discussion on: changing future physical connectivity needs, due to the ‘covid-experience’; the need for employer and employee surveys on changes in transports needs; the need for Structure Plans which unfortunately had been stopped years ago; discussion needed with Ministers on these aspects.

82 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
a) Pathway to Bourn: CCC Highways are supportive of the idea. At the meeting with CCC there was further discussion as to the use of S106 planning agreements and best practice guidelines. Cllr Tumi Hawkins has referred LPC questions on this to the S106 officer, James Fisher. Cllr Will Bevan to pursue further action.
b) Rights of Way map: Now printed.
c) Postbox by village sign: New box now in use again after attention to the faulty lock.
d) Pathway along A1198: LPC will continue to press for repair.
e) Village and Village Hall fibre broadband connection: Confirmation will be sent to County Broadband of LPC acceptance of the offer of free fibre broadband to the village hall.

83 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
None

84 FINANCE
a) Victoire Press: printing of the December Skylark: £69.00. Agreed.
b) Peter White: construction of a battery recycling tube: £30.24. Agreed.
c) M. Murden: cleaning bus shelters and cleaning products, annual invoice: £125.00. Agreed.
d) Openreach wayleave (at the Pound), payment received 30/12/2020: £10.00. Noted.
e) Clerk’s Pay and Expenses: April – December 2020 £1868.40; HMRC: £452.10. Agreed.

85 TO CONSIDER/REPORT ON PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
None

86 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) Village Hall update: John Murden continues regular inspections of the hall and field with the assistance of Dick Murden and Cllr Peter White. Low heating is being maintained during the cold spell. Litter bins have had bags of dog droppings, so been put away. There was discussion about a possible claim on the hall insurance, for loss of income during the past year. Cllr Peter White will investigate.
b) Covid-19 village update: Only one request for assistance in the last month. The Christmas meal provided by SCDC was well received, but it was noted that the great delay in delivery after the allotted time had been problematic for the volunteer.
c) Repair and painting of wooden village signboard: Three quotes will be obtained. The village Millenium fund might be used. Chair, Barbara Cooper will investigate the Community Chest grant.
d) Drainage: sewers, road gullies and flooding by St. John’s House 24/12/2020: a) Sewerage: Noted that the flooding incidents have badly affected the sewage system, especially for certain properties in the village. Anglian Water has been called out on several occasions but has usually taken several days to respond. Cllr Ben Holland is now keeping a record of all events and severity. b) Flooding: Cllr Will Bevan made the online request for works to CCC. The Highways Officer has a heavy case load, but the High Street by St. John’s Farm is in the queue for inspection. Noted that the under-road pipe is blocked and needs remedial work, not just the gullies. Jetting probably not enough, an old-fashioned team with shovels may be needed. Cllr Mark Howell Chair of CCC Highways committee agreed to meet on site with Cllr Will Bevan. Cllr Howell noted that extra crews are now in place after the many and repeated recent flooding incidents around the county; CCC Highways will move to a maintenance programme rather than only being reactive; expects to move to a rota of works and to inform Parishes; also propose to look at verge maintenance and grips.
e) Letter from Cambourne Town Council 12/1/2021 concerning the East-West Rail route: Considered a matter of great concern. There was discussion as to the need for this rail project at all, the more so with the likely changes in working practices towards home and online. Cllr Barbara Cooper will draft a response.

87 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the noticeboards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.

88 SKYLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
Copy for next issue by mid-February. Articles to include: encouraging villagers to report sewage / drainage problems to Cllr Ben Holland; Path to Bourn project. Thanks were given to Mrs Chris Morton for all her editorial work.

89 DATE OF NEXT MEETING THURSDAY 18TH FEBRUARY 2021

Signed by: …………………………………………Chairperson Date: …………………