Minutes Thursday 30th September 2021

Minutes of the Meeting held on 30th September 2021 at 7.15pm

Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Sharon Brown – Clerk

Also present: Cllr Tumi Hawkins, Mrs Bobbie Coe, Mrs Chris Morton.

OPEN MEETING:
Thanks were given to Cllr Bevan for providing a venue for the meeting at short notice.

School Bus stopping points: concern was expressed that the primary school bus no longer goes to the west end of the village, despite there being several younger school children living there. Cllr Holland agreed to contact the Education bus services.

Empty council house in the village: concern was expressed that a house has now been empty for over a year when there is obviously a demand for housing. Cllr Hawkins agreed to look into the matter.

Cllr Hawkins was thanked for being available at the meeting specifically to discuss cycle way projects, together with the range of planning issues that are coming forward. There was considerable discussion on a number of points:

Cycleways: the extension of the Greenways cycleway proposals to the north of Bourn was agreed as very worthwhile. Noted that it would be easy to extend south to Bourn village centre, thus providing part of a link to Longstowe itself. CCC Highways has previously not shown particular interest in a Longstowe to Toft cycle route. The CCC Greenways Project was noted as only covering a few possible routes. The need to continue pursuing the greener options for travel to and from Longstowe was considered a priority.

Local Plan Consultation: discussion included the relationship of the old Local Plan to the new Greater Cambridge Plan in respect of Village Frameworks; whether the Village Framework can be expanded in the new Plan; the fact that no development is proposed for Longstowe in the new Plan. Cllr Hawkins noted that Longstowe could develop a Neighbourhood Plan to support the village- based considerations. It was agreed that Cllr Hawkins would assist LPC in making contact with the Neighbourhood Plans Officer. Cllr Hawkins noted that if a Neighbourhood Plan is adopted, then obtaining related planning permission is likely to be easier. It was noted that a Neighbourhood Plan can be completed at any time, independently of the Greater Cambridge Local Plan.
40 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Mark Howell and Cllr Peter White.
41 TO SIGN AND APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
Minutes of 15th July 2021 were agreed and signed.
42 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Cllr Hawkins September Report noted. Highlighted issues: a) the current covid situation, b) 6 Free Trees Scheme, c) Greater Cambridge Local Plan, forthcoming consultation, d) Ox-Cam Arc consultation, e) E-W Rail currently working through consultation responses, f) SCDC new Tourism website, g) SCDC allocation of homes to refugees.

43 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (FOR INFORMATION ONLY) – COUNCIL TO REPORT THE FOLLOWING
a) Pathway along A1198: Meeting concerning volunteer work being rearranged.
b) Drainage: sewers, road gullies and flooding by St. John’s House 24/12/2020: CCC Highways repair to the under-road drain, undertaken at the end of July, appears very successful. (There has now also been a burst water main in Church Field, with attendant flooding).
c) Speed warning sign A1198: Investigation for funding needed.
d) Defibrillator: A grant application has been made to the Community Chest Fund. Several people in the village have indicated that they would contribute to the funding. Noted that the charity London Hearts as well as the British Heart Foundation have grant schemes for part funding.
44 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
None
45 FINANCE
a) Precept 21/22B DC £2,625.00. Noted. A 2021-22 accounts update was made available.
b) Victoire Press: printing of September Skylark £71.00. Agreed.
c) Data protection renewal fee by 20/10/2021 DD £35.00. Agreed.
d) Microsoft 365 annual subscription £79.99. Agreed.
e) Clerk: salary and expenses: mid-May – mid-September 2021 £644.08, HMRC £145.77. Agreed.
46 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
None
47 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) Village Hall update: The latest consideration has been the high quote for the building extension (kitchen / toilets / lobby). Positively however, Amey Cespa are open to a reapplication to their grant scheme.
b) Drainage: blocked gullies A1198, by & near houses 80-86: CCC Highways have agreed to the unblocking of several gullies. Timing: by 1/11/21.
c) SCDC: Six Free Trees Offer for Parish Councils, applications by 30th Sept: Concerns expressed as last year, on the provenance and sourcing of seed and stock. Agreed to contact SCDC about this again. As Longstowe PC owns only a few square metres of land, also agreed to ask SCDC if planting would be possible, for instance, adjacent to a footpath or on road verges.
d) Ox-Cam Arc: Spatial Framework: Consultation 21/7 – 12/10/2021: There was considerable discussion and Barbara Cooper, Chairperson, will respond for Longstowe PC.
e) Greater Cambridge Local Plan – First Proposals: consultation 1/11 – 13/12/21: Noted the useful forthcoming Infrastructure online Meetings organised by SCDC / GCSPS.
48 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
Noted the Police Neighbourhood Team Update. Agreed to await the new PCSO contact.
49 SYKLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
The next issue is due for early December. Copy for inclusion: Longstowe PC Overview of the Year, Scams, Fostering, Tractor Run, Dog Show, Afternoon Teas, Christmas message, Christmas services.
50 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 21ST OCTOBER 2021 AT 7.15 PM.

Signed by Date 2021

Chair