Minutes Tuesday 22nd February 2022

Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday 22nd February 2022 at 7.15pm

Present: Cllr Barbara Cooper (Chairperson)
Cllr Will Bevan
Cllr Geoff Hemmins
Cllr Ben Holland
Cllr Peter White
Sharon Brown (Clerk)

Also present: Cllr Mark Howell, Mrs Bobbie Coe and Mrs Chris Morton.

95 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
None received.
96 TO SIGN AND APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
Minutes of 20th January were agreed and signed.
97 REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND PCSO
Cllr Howell, CCC: highlighted: a) continuing Covid re-establishment grants for the entertainment and leisure sector, b) continuing Covid support grants for families and individuals.
There was discussion with Cllr Howell relating to speeding and speed limits on the Old North Road (ONR) through the village and the continuing concern of villagers on this matter. Councillor Howell agreed to make enquiries with CCC Highways as to the possibility of reducing the speed limit to 30 mph.
With reference to fallen trees during storms, Cllr Howell replied that they would be taken away if still present on verges after some time.
Cllr Hawkins, SCDC: written report received.
98 MATTERS ARISING/TO REPORT FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (FOR INFORMATION ONLY) – COUNCIL TO REPORT THE FOLLOWING
a) Neighbourhood Planning: The Open Meeting takes place this evening following the LPC meeting. LPC Chair will introduce and facilitate discussion on going forward with a Neighbourhood Plan.
b) Defibrillator: SCDC consider the grant application on 28th February.
c) Gullies through the village: agreed that an approach be made to CCC Highways for a definite maintenance plan. Cllr White and the Clerk agreed to walk the ONR and the High Street respectively to make an up-to-date survey and obtain photographs.
d) Verge problems between Longstowe Hall and Wayside: There have now been many vehicles coming off the road and crashes into both the milestone on the west side and the garden of Wayside on the east. Agreed to go back to CCC Highways to discuss use of road planings for the verge edge. Cllr Mark Howell agreed to contact the Local Highways Officer.
e) Planning and Drainage Meeting report: Noted that this was an informative meeting and that the recording was now available.
f) Water Resources East consultation to 28/2/2022: There was discussion of Longstowe’s particular problems, of the now inadequate pumping station and the impacts of high rainfall on it and the Dene Brook. Agreed Cllr Cooper will make input to the consultation for LPC.
99 MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTEREST for items on the agenda
None.
100 FINANCE
a) Precept 2022-2023 – consultation: SCDC have agreed the 10% increase to £5775.00. Noted.
b) SLCC membership £106.00. Agreed.
101 TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
None
102 TO CONSIDER OTHER MATTERS
a) LPC Mission Statement: Suggested changes and document agreed.
b) Village Hall update: a further grant of £3000 has been obtained for the village hall. There are firm weekly bookings on Weds and Thurs and three sets of monthly bookings. The Friday Afternoon Teas will start regularly again at the end of February. A provisional booking for the Fete is 10th or 11th September. A new back door had been ordered and is projected to be in place by the end of March. There was discussion on the Platinum Jubilee celebrations and the need to coordinate / combine Village Hall / Parochial Church Council and LPC events. LPC Chair will attend the next meeting of the VH Committee in this respect. Noted, that LPC can apply for grant aid for different village jubilee events / activities.
103 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
A list of correspondence received is printed in the Agenda which is placed on the notice boards and on the web page prior to the Parish Council meeting; details are available from the Clerk.
u) Prospective Councillor Local Elections support material will be put on the noticeboards.
104 SYKLARK – TO CONSIDER ANY EDITORIAL ISSUES
There is a much material for the forthcoming Skylark. Cricket fixtures also need to be obtained.

105 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY 17TH MARCH 2022 AT 7.15 PM, AT LONGSTOWE VILLAGE HALL.

Signed by Date

Chair